KDSM/SUBWAY STUDENT ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Subway Student Athlete of the Week
Station: KDSM, LLC dba KDSM
Station Address: 4023 Fleur Drive, Des Moines IA 50324
Contest Area: Kossuth, Pocahontas, Humboldt, Wright, Franklin, Calhoun, Webster, Hamilton, Hardin, Carroll, Greene, Boone, Story, Marshall, Audubon, Guthrie, Dallas, Polk, Jasper, Poweshiek, Adair, Madison, Warren, Marion, Mahaska, Adams, Union, Clarke, Lucas, Monroe, Taylor, Ringgold, Decatur, Wayne and Appanoose counties
Prize Provider: Subway
Age of Eligibility:
- Entrants: Must be the nominee student's parent or legal guardian, athletic director, coach, teacher or principal at the school at which the nominee student is currently enrolled
- Nominees: Must reside within the Contest Area, be currently enrolled as a High School student (public, private and homeschool students are eligible) and be an active member in one (1) or more athletics.
Contest Period: January 1, 2017 to March 31, 2017
Entries Due: 12:00am CT each Sunday during the Contest Period January 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 5, 12, 19, 26, 2017.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per IP address; however, a nominee may be nominated by more than one entrant. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next Determination Date.
Nomination Topic: Student Athlete: Nominate a high school student who excels athletically, academically and is involved in his or her community
Judging Criteria: Academic Achievement (1/3), Athletic Achievement (1/3), and Community Involvement (1/3)
Total Number of Winners: Ten (10)
Winner Determination Date(s): Each Monday during the Contest Period: January 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 6, 13, 20, 27, 2017.
Prize and Value: One (1) $5.00 Subway Gift Certificate valid for a sandwich. Total approximate retail value of each prize is $5.00. Each winner will be recognized on air as Student of the Week; due to the nature of the recognition, a value cannot be determined.
Station's Website: http://kdsm17.com
Station's Website Terms and Conditions: http://kdsm17/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
1. To enter, log onto the Station's Website, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, email address, birth date, relation with nominee, name of nominee, high school attended by nominee, sport played by nominee, describe why the nominee submitted for the Nomination Topic should win, and click submit.
2. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic.
2. On the Winner Determination Dates, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest scores based on the criteria set forth above. As a condition of becoming a winner, each nominee student athlete, or if a minor, the parent or legal guardian of the nominee, must sign an appearance release in order to be recognized by the Station as the Student of the Week. Station reserves the right to not select a winner in the event that the Station does not receive sufficient entries for judging.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Nominees must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, reside in the Contest Area, and meet the criteria of the Nomination Topic.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the "Company"), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided "as is" without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants (or nominee winners) are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants (and by accepting the prize, nominee winners) agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants (and nominee winners) further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant's (or nominee's) name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station's Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station's control.