KDSM / FOX 17'S GREAT GIVEAWAY 2019
OFFICIAL TEXT CONTEST RULES
Contest: KDSM / FOX 17's Great Giveaway 2019
Station: KDSM, LLC dba KDSM
Station Address: KDSM, 4023 Fleur Drive, Des Moines IA, 50321
Contest Area: Iowa Counties: Adair, Adams, Appanoose, Audubon, Boone, Calhoun, Carroll, Clarke, Dallas, Decatur, Franklin, Greene, Guthrie, Hamilton, Hardin, Humboldt, Jasper, Kossuth, Lucas, Madison, Mahaska, Marion, Marshall, Monroe, Pocahontas, Polk, Poweshiek, Ringgold, Story, Taylor, Union, Warren, Wayne, Webster, and Wright
Sponsor(s): Iowa Events Center, Woodsmith Store, Watch and Clock Junction, Marco's Pizza, Hobby Haven, Deery Brothers Chevrolet of Pleasant Hill, The Learning Post, Mattress Discounter, Ironside Axe Club, Bondurant Custom Furniture, Iowa Wild, Car-X, Trail Point Aquatics & Wellness
Prize Provider(s): Iowa Events Center, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., Woodsmith Store, Watch and Clock Junction, Marco's Pizza, Hobby Haven, Deery Brothers Chevrolet of Pleasant Hill, The Learning Post, Mattress Discounter, Ironside Axe Club, Bondurant Custom Furniture, Iowa Wild, Car-X, Trail Point Aquatics & Wellness
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Contest Period: December 2, 2019 to December 19, 2019
Entries Due: 11:59 PM CST on December 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 2019
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per account holder per day.
Keyword: Watch KDSM during the Contest Period on Channel 17 or log onto KDSM’s Facebook page during the Contest Period, and look for the keyword located within the contest promotional spot.
December 2, 2019 - WRESTLING
December 3, 2019 - WOOD
December 6, 2019 - WATCH
December 7, 2019 - PIZZA
December 8, 2019 - HOBBY
December 9, 2019 - DEERY
December 11, 2019 - TOYS
December 12, 2019 - MATTRESS
December 13, 2019 - AXE
December 14, 2019 - CUSTOM
December 15, 2019 - HOCKEY
December 17, 2019 - SERVICE
December 18, 2019 - GYM
Short Code: 30126
December 3, 2019 - WRESTLING
December 4, 2019 - WOOD
December 9, 2019 - WATCH, PIZZA, HOBBY
December 10, 2019 - DEERY
December 12, 2019 - TOYS
December 13, 2019 - MATTRESS
December 16, 2019 - AXE, CUSTOM, HOCKEY
December 18, 2019 - SERVICE
December 19, 2019 - GYM
Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date:
December 3, 2019 - WRESTLING - Four (4)
December 4, 2019 - WOOD - Sixteen (16)
December 9, 2019 - WATCH - Two (2); PIZZA - Twelve (12); HOBBY - Eleven (11)
December 10, 2019 - DEERY - Ten (10)
December 12, 2019 - TOYS - Ten (10)
December 13, 2019 - MATTRESS - One (1)
December 16, 2019 - AXE - Six (6); CUSTOM - Five (5); HOCKEY - Four (4)
December 18, 2019 - SERVICE - Two (2)
December 19, 2019 - GYM - One (1)
Total Number of Winners: Eighty-Four (84)
Prize(s) and Value(s):
December 3, 2019 – WRESTLING: Two (2) tickets to WWE Monday Night Raw event on December 16, 2019 at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA. (Prize Value is $124. / $62.per ticket); One (1) WWE Pay-Per-View Event Folding Chair (Prize Value is $59.99); One (1) WWE Hat (Prize Value is $19.99); One (1) pair of WWE Sunglasses (Prize Value is $5.99); One (1) pair of WWE Gloves (Prize Value is $19.99); and One (1) WWE VIP Book (Prize Value is $19.99). Total Prize Value is $249.95.
December 4, 2019 - WOOD: One (1) Thirty-One Dollar ($31.) gift card to the Woodsmith Store in Clive, IA. Prize Value is $31.
December 9, 2019 - WATCH: Prize 1: One (1) Bulova Classic Stainless Men’s Watch (98B328). Prize Value is $280. (Cannot be returned for cash.)
Prize 2: One (1) Armourlite Caliber Wrist Watch (Style: Black and Blue T25; Model: AL601). Prize Value is $299. (Cannot be returned for cash.)
December 9, 2019 - PIZZA: One (1) Forty Dollar ($40.) gift card to Marco's Pizza. (Gift Cards can be used at the Waukee, IA or Windsor Heights, IA locations only.) Prize Value is $40.
December 9, 2019 - HOBBY: One (1) Forty-Five Dollar ($45.) gift card to Hobby Haven in Urbandale, IA. Prize Value is $45.
December 10, 2019 – DEERY: One (1) certificate valid for one (1) oil change provided by Deery Brothers Chevrolet of Pleasant Hill in Pleasant Hill, IA. Prize Value is $60.
December 12, 2019 - TOYS: One (1) Fifty Dollar ($50.) gift certificate to The Learning Post in Urbandale, IA. Gift certificate expires on October 18, 2020. Prize Value is $50.
December 13, 2019 - MATTRESS: One (1) gift certificate to Mattress Discounter in Des Moines, IA. Certificate if redeemable for one (1) mattress up to $499. No Cash Value. Gift certificate expires on February 29, 2020. Prize Value is $499.
December 16, 2019 - AXE: One (1) Forty Dollar ($40) gift card to Ironside Axe Club in West Des Moines, IA (Prize Value is $40.); and Two (2) Ironside Axe Club t-shirts (Prize Value is $43. /$21.50. per t-shirt). Gift card is valid for swag merchandise only (axes not included). Total Prize Value is $83.
December 16, 2019 - CUSTOM: One (1) One-Hundred Dollar ($100.) gift certificate to Bondurant Custom Furniture in Bondurant, IA. Prize Value is $100.
December 16, 2019 – HOCKEY: Prize 1 & 2: Four (4) flex seats to an Iowa Wild game (winner’s game of choice) in the 2019-2020 season (pending ticket availability) (Prize value is $112. / $28. per ticket); four (4) Iowa Wild hats (Prize Value is $20. / $5. per hat); and one (1) autographed puck (Prize Value is $10). Total Prize Value is $142. Prize 3 & 4: Four (4) flex seats to winner’s game of choice in the 2019-2020 season (pending ticket availability) (Prize value is $112. / $28. per ticket); four (4) Iowa Wild hats (Prize Value is $20. / $5. per hat); and one (1) autographed mini hockey stick (Value is $10). Total Prize Value is $142.
December 18, 2019 – SERVICE: One (1) Two Hundred Fifty Dollar ($250.) gift certificate to Car-X Tire & Auto, Des Moines, IA. Gift certificates expires on December 25, 2020. Prize Value is $250.
December 19, 2019 – GYM: One (1) year, individual adult membership to Trail Point Aquatics & Wellness in Ankeny, IA. Membership must be redeemed by April 30, 2020. Prize Value is $734.
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KDSMFox17/
Station’s Website: www.kdsm17.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: https://kdsm17.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to four (4) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
The Number of Winners on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received. Remaining valid entries will not carry over to the next Drawing Date.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.